Breville espresso machines are popular among coffee lovers because of their ability to produce rich and flavorful espresso shots. However, like all coffee machines, they require regular cleaning to ensure that they function properly and provide a consistently great cup of coffee.
Here are the steps to clean your Breville espresso machine:
- Turn off the machine and unplug it from the power source.
- Remove the portafilter, basket, and drip tray.
- Empty the drip tray and discard any used coffee grounds.
- Clean the portafilter and basket using warm, soapy water. Use a small brush to scrub the mesh screen on the basket to remove any trapped coffee oils.
- Wipe down the exterior of the machine with a damp cloth.
- Fill the water tank with equal parts of white vinegar and water. Run a brew cycle without the portafilter or basket. This will clean the internal parts of the machine.
- Discard the vinegar solution and refill the water tank with fresh water. Run another brew cycle to rinse the machine.
- Wipe down the steam wand with a damp cloth and run a steam cycle to remove any milk residue.
- Reassemble the machine and run a test brew to ensure that it is functioning properly.
Cleaning your Breville espresso machine regularly will ensure that it continues to produce high-quality espresso shots. Aim to clean it at least once a week or after every 20-30 shots of espresso.
Remember, a clean machine will not only produce better-tasting coffee but will also extend the lifespan of your espresso machine.