If you’re a coffee lover, then you know that the taste of your espresso can change over time, and this is often due to a buildup of mineral deposits in your espresso machine. Descaling your machine is an important step in maintaining its performance and prolonging its lifespan. In this article, we’ll take a look at how to descale a Breville espresso machine.
What is Descaling?
Before we get into the details of how to descale your machine, let’s first define what descaling is. Descaling is the process of removing mineral buildup in your espresso machine. Over time, mineral deposits from your water supply can accumulate in your machine, clogging up the tubing, and reducing the efficiency of your machine.
Why Should You Descale Your Machine?
There are several reasons why you should descale your Breville espresso machine. First, descaling will help to improve the taste of your espresso by removing any mineral buildup that may be affecting the quality of the water. Second, descaling will help to prolong the life of your machine by reducing the risk of breakdowns due to mineral buildup.
How to Descale a Breville Espresso Machine
Here are the steps to follow to descale your Breville espresso machine:
- Turn off your machine and unplug it from the wall.
- Remove the water tank and empty any remaining water.
- Fill the water tank with a mixture of water and descaling solution according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Replace the water tank and turn on the machine.
- Place a container under the group head to catch the descaling solution.
- Run a shot of water through the group head and then turn off the machine.
- Let the machine sit for 15 minutes to allow the descaling solution to work.
- Turn on the machine and run another shot of water through the group head.
- Repeat steps 6 to 8 until the water tank is empty.
- Rinse the water tank thoroughly with clean water and refill it.
- Run a shot of water through the group head to rinse out any remaining descaling solution.
- Your Breville espresso machine is now descaled and ready to use.
In conclusion, descaling your Breville espresso machine is an important step in maintaining its performance and prolonging its lifespan. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily descale your machine and enjoy the full flavor of your espresso for years to come.