Antivirus software is an important tool for protecting your computer from malware and other security threats. However, there may be times when you need to disable your antivirus software, such as when you’re installing new software or troubleshooting issues. In this article, we’ll show you how to disable antivirus software on Windows and Mac.
Disabling Antivirus Software on Windows:
- Open the Windows Security app: Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security.
- Click on “Virus & threat protection”: Click on the “Manage settings” link under the “Virus & threat protection settings” section.
- Turn off real-time protection: Toggle the switch under “Real-time protection” to the Off position.
- Turn off cloud-delivered protection: Toggle the switch under “Cloud-delivered protection” to the Off position.
- Turn off automatic sample submission: Toggle the switch under “Automatic sample submission” to the Off position.
- Disable firewall: If you have a third-party firewall installed, disable it as well.
Disabling Antivirus Software on Mac:
- Open the antivirus software: Open the antivirus software on your Mac.
- Look for the disable option: Look for the option to disable or turn off the antivirus software. This option may be in the software’s settings or preferences.
- Follow the prompts: Follow the prompts to disable the antivirus software.
Note: Keep in mind that disabling antivirus software can leave your computer vulnerable to security threats. Be sure to enable your antivirus software again as soon as you’re done troubleshooting or installing new software.
In conclusion, disabling antivirus software can be useful for troubleshooting issues or installing new software. However, it’s important to enable your antivirus software again as soon as you’re done to ensure that your computer stays protected from security threats.