When the colder months arrive, nothing beats slipping your feet into a cozy pair of Ugg slippers. But after prolonged use, these slippers can start to smell and become dirty, which can be a problem, especially when you want to keep your feet warm and comfortable. Luckily, washing your Ugg slippers is a straightforward process that can be done in a few simple steps.
Here’s how to wash your Ugg slippers:
- Brush off any loose dirt or debris with a soft-bristled brush.
- Spot clean any stains or marks using a damp cloth and a mild detergent. Be sure to test the cleaning solution on a small, inconspicuous area of the slipper before applying it to the entire slipper.
- Fill a basin or sink with cold water and add a small amount of Ugg cleaner or a mild detergent. Avoid using hot water, as this can damage the slippers.
- Place the slippers in the basin and use your hands to gently agitate them, being careful not to stretch or twist them.
- Rinse the slippers thoroughly with cold water until all the soap is removed.
- Use a towel to gently squeeze out any excess water, then reshape the slippers and allow them to air dry away from direct sunlight or heat sources.
- Never machine wash or dry your Ugg slippers, as this can cause irreparable damage to the sheepskin.
- To help maintain the shape of your Ugg slippers, stuff them with paper towels or a clean cloth while they dry.
- Once the slippers are dry, use a soft-bristled brush to fluff up the sheepskin and restore its texture.
By following these simple steps, you can keep your Ugg slippers looking and feeling like new. With proper care, your slippers can provide warmth and comfort for many winters to come.